Eagle’s Roost Farmstay B&B, rustic and charming hosted holiday accommodation located at Pinmatik/Rocky Cape in Tasmania, Australia.
Right next to Pinmatik/Rocky Cape National Park, five minutes from beaches and an easy drive to Stanley, Dip Falls, Tarkine Drive, Table Cape. Eagle’s Roost Farmstay B&B offers a Traditional B&B Experience and combines it with a brilliant location.
Guests are welcomed into my home, on a hobby farm situated in a secluded and sheltered location with beautiful views, a large garden and a private 12 acre forest reserve to explore.
Enjoy a full cooked breakfast menu, provided using ingredients mostly made/grown on the property. You can’t get more authentic than that.
Two bedrooms are available: Couples love the affordable luxury of the Double Spa Room while the King Room can cater for couples or twin share and has an easy access wet room ensuite.
Some reasons to visit the Eagle’s Roost Farmstay B&B:
- Enjoy morning/afternoon tea, which includes the famous and delicious homemade shortbread.
- Experience an evening glass of wine to be savoured alongside homemade cheese and home cured olives.
- Motion sensor cameras in the forest to capture your own videos of the local wildlife (Devils, Wombats, Possums are regulars!).
- Fantastic free guided walks of the property are a great way to relax, feed and meet the Chooks, Guinea Fowl and Cows, browse in the extensive vegetable garden.
Guests can cook their own lunches and/or dinners in the shared kitchen.
The building features a spacious shared lounge with wood heater, TV, small library and free Wi-Fi.
The surrounding Rocky Cape National Park (now also referred to by its traditional Tasmanian Aboriginal name – Pinmatik) is a brilliant destination, featuring:
- A large variety of short and longer hiking tracks which are well marked with stunning views of the rugged coast.
- Lots of Aboriginal History – the reason the park was gazetted!
- Excellent snorkelling and diving.
- Two boat ramps.
- Fabulous uncrowded beaches.
- Mild winters and mild summers.
- Superb birdwatching opportunities.
- A large number of native orchid species in spring and summer.
- A large variety of fungi to photograph in autumn and winter.
- Close to Dip Falls and Big Tree, great day trip destinations.
- Close to the world renowned Tarkine